Is That Job Offer Legit?
Thanks for your interest in careers at Boys & Girls Clubs – Alaska! With the recent rise in job scams, we want to help you make sure you’re not receiving a fraudulent job offer. We’ve come to learn that individuals claiming to represent Boys & Girls Clubs – Alaska, who are not authorized to act on our behalf, have been setting up interviews and extending fake offers.
Such actions are presumably intended to defraud or obtain personal information from the victims.
The activities of these individuals involve criminal and civil liabilities. While we are taking this matter seriously and conducting further research into this, it is often difficult to locate and prosecute these individuals.
Communication regarding job offers would be sent directly from a Boys & Girls Clubs – Alaska Recruiter. Please double-check the domain for similar-looking fraudulent accounts. If you receive a request, either in writing (eg, email or text) or verbally, for an interview or a job offer that you believe is or might be fraudulent or suspicious, please disregard them.
Look out for these warning signs of recruitment fraud.
- The email is not sent from an official Paylocity email address but from a free email service such as Hotmail, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.
- You are asked for private or confidential information.
- You are offered money or a check to process before or after being interviewed.
- You are requested to pay a fee.
- You are requested to complete fake recruitment documentation, such as an application or employment visa forms. (The Boys & Girls Clubs – Alaska name and logo could be counterfeit and featured on the documentation without authority.)
- The individual insists on urgency.
- Communications and other “official” documents have grammatical errors and misspellings.
We sincerely regret any inconvenience caused by these individuals that are beyond our control, and under no circumstances can we be considered liable for any loss or inconvenience resulting from these unauthorized persons and activities.
If you are contacted by any individual claiming to be from Boys & Girls Clubs – Alaska and want to check on the authenticity of the claim, please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a callback. We will reach out to you within 2 business days and confirm if you have been contacted by a legitimate Boys & Girls Clubs – Alaska employee.
If you suspect you’ve received a fraudulent job offer, please visit ReportFraud.ftc.gov or call the FTC at 1-877-382-4357 to report it.